Monday, August 29, 2011

Sweet Pea

I had a lovely birthday today -- thank you so much to friends and family for their good wishes (including this sweet post by my dad, which made me cry!). My 43 years have not been uneventful, and there have been many difficult times, but I can say that overall I feel very, very lucky. I am a happy birthday girl today.

And here is "Sweet Pea" -- another quilt finished, which makes me feel a wee bit better about the summer coming to a close.  This quilt is for my littlest one, packed with little surprises (scraps of various Heather Ross prints, Japanese fairy tale and other cute fabrics) and featuring some of the florals she likes best; some gnomes on the back, because the girl loves classic gnomes (smart cookie); straight line quilting and a little hand quilting around the inner pink borders.

Hubby fell asleep on the sofa after a long day, so it was just me, the camera and the quilt this evening.

Today I think I'll let the photos do the talking.


























5 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

Stunning Quilt! I'm sure your daughter will treasure it for a v.long time. Jxo

Annabella said...

So glad you had such a wonderful birthday - Frida`s quilt is so lovely!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Gorgeous - it will be treasured for decades to come!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you so much! Such sweet words...I'm speechless.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful colors together, very sweet quilt.